Hello Kingdom Way Family!
We want to address recent news updates and concerns about public gatherings with respect to the Coronavirus outbreaks.
We are taking our advice from the Alberta Health and Canada Health advisory pages, not news reports, which may be confusing and misleading.
We invite you to refer to the references, noted at the bottom of this letter, to keep well informed.
In light of the recent concerns in our community about the COVID-19 virus, we want you to know that our staff at Kingdom Way are taking every precaution to keep our church family healthy.
Currently, the Alberta Health advisory is to cancel large events, however this “does not extend to places of worship, grocery stores, airports or shopping centres”.
Kingdom Way will gather on Sunday for all regular events and services. As always, we encourage online viewing as an option and the perfect way to be part of our Sunday Service whenever you feel unwell.
As per Alberta Health Guidelines, we will remain open. There will be no more than 250 individuals in the same room at any given time.
We are committed to keeping the building a clean and sanitized space for you to worship. We are increasing the frequency and enhancing the sanitization of high-contact places (e.g. door handles, bathrooms, etc).
Here are ways we are asking you to help:
● Stay home if you are sick
● Stay home for 14 days if you have recently travelled to an area where there has been a Coronavirus outbreak, specifically Mainland China, Iran or Italy. We kindly request that you use wisdom and refrain from attending any church activities for a period of 14 days from the date of return to Canada. This includes Sunday services and activities, Connect Group gatherings and Midweek Programs.
● Cover your coughs/sneezes with tissue or arm, followed by hand-washing with soap and water
● Wash your hands often with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds)
● If no soap and water is available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. We have placed bottles throughout the church buildings for use while you are here.
If you or your family find yourselves sick and needing to stay at home, here are some ways to stay connected!
Visit the Kingdom Way website (https://Kingdomway.ca/watch-live ) or Facebook to watch our livestream.
We pray His promise of protection over you and your family. This is a time to stay in faith and put our hearts into God’s Word. Pray the promises of protection over your lives and your families and speak that perspective at home.
Psalm 91 is a great chapter to print, hang up, memorize and meditate on! Here’s part of it:
“Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling.”
We will continue to consult and monitor the most up to date advisories from Alberta Health and Health Canada, making adjustments as they advise.
If you have any questions, please refer to our website. It will be updated as new information becomes available.
Kingdom Way Pastors
References: Health Canada, https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada.html
Alberta Health Services, https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=6980324A5B1B0-BC2C-40A8-A6AD9E30E3189425